Use Our Deep Experience to Address Your Evolving Challenges
Few organizations have as much expertise in quality and patient safety as Qlarant. We’ve been a federally-designated Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) or QIO-like entity since 1973. We’re on the forefront of bringing health care and science experts together to address and resolve complex issues of care.
Qlarant teams work with providers across the continuum of care to create sustainable and cost-effective programs, improved care delivery processes and learning opportunities — all for better care and lower costs.
What We Do
- Work toward better care, healthier people and communities
- Create smarter spending programs
- Create change through data to improve quality
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals at the community level to share knowledge and improve care
- Promote healthcare services tailored to meet the needs of patients
- Solve problems through collaboration with industry experts across the nation
Who We Are
Qlarant is a member of the IPRO QIN-QIO, the Quality Improvement Organization for 11 States and the District of Columbia. Qlarant’s work implements and strengthens innovative, evidence-based, and data-driven methodologies. Qlarant provides quality improvement for Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia. Qlarant continues to work for better quality and patient safety with specific initiatives and Aims. These Aims include:
- Behavioral Health and Opioid Use
- Patient Safety (which includes ADEs & C. difficile infections)
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Care Transitions
- Nursing Home Quality
Cross-Cutting Priority Areas
Quality and Patient Safety Services
Qlarant is helping providers and communities improve healthcare quality in key areas such as cardiac health, diabetes and payment programs. We understand the importance of bringing services such as these to small, under-served and rural areas. Ask Qlarant how we can help you improve healthcare quality.
Qlarant delivers direct technical assistance across many of our services, helping to identify issues before they occur. From Value-based programs to surveys, Qlarant can help provide better solutions and improved performance to providers and facilities across the nation.
Patient Safety Expertise
Qlarant’s quality and patient safety professionals have a rich history of teaming to support large national patient safety initiatives, such as the CMS Partnership for Patients Program. Qlarant was part of the National Content Development (NCD) team who provided national technical assistance to Hospital Improvement Innovation Networks (HIINs) and CMS to reduce acute care patient harm, reduce avoidable readmissions, improve healthcare quality and reduce health disparities, from 2011-2019. Qlarant supported and facilitated Affinity Groups and Think Tanks to ignite collaboration and tease out innovation between HIINs, Federal, and Private Partners toward supporting the bold aims of the program.
The patient safety areas supported included areas such as:
- Adverse drug events (ADE): Opioids, Anticoagulants, Glycemic agents
- Central line-associated blood stream infections (CLABSI)
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI)
- Clostridium difficile (C. diff)
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- Falls and immobility
- Pressure Injuries
- Sepsis and Septic Shock
- Surgical Site Infections (SSI)
- Venous thromboembolism (VTE)
- Ventilator-Associated Events (VAE)
- Readmissions/Care Coordination
- Health Equity
- Culture of Safety
- Opioid Stewardship